Friday, October 12, 2012

10-12-12

Today the students read the Chapter 21 in the text covering Tobacco.  I had them work in triads as we have done before.  They worked on summarizing and if they had time, they transposed their summaries on to the larger sheet of paper to be shared with the class on Monday. 

They also had a journal entry asking if they would ever smoke or chew tobacco, or date someone that did. 

I've promised a link to the story of Sean Marsee and here it is. 

I'm going to ask you to post a comment (to THIS entry) based on your experience after viewing this video.  THERE ARE POINTS ATTACHED TO THIS, SO I WILL BE CHECKING EITHER HERE OR ON THE FACEBOOK PAGE FOR THE COMMENTS.

HERE'S THE LINK- Sean Marsee story

See you Monday! Have a safe weekend, and I WILL remember to collect your video notes from Thursday.  Also, changes to the grading system have occured and I will go over that with you on Monday as well.

*** OMG!!!!*** Messing around on YouTube I made the mistake of clicking and subsequently watching this dude pack 5 cans of chew in his mouth in a matter of minutes! Do not look for this video it will make you want to Vomit! All I kept thinking about is: "I wonder what the inside of his mouth looks like...?" So gross! I'm feeling ill :(